Winter sore throat “tea”- In a jar combine lemon slices, organic honey and sliced ginger. Close jar and put it in the fridge, it will form into a “jelly”. To serve- spoon jelly into mug and pour boiling water over it. Store in fridge 2-3 months.
Reblogging this in case any of you little jelly beans get sick (◡‿◡✿)
Villain of the Piece by Sarah Hemming, an interview with Rory Kinnear about about the NT 2013 production of Othello [x]
This is kind of what I’m getting at when I say that Spoiler Culture is kind of silly. If twist endings and surprises and unexpected revelations are the only things a story can use to draw in its audience, then characters like Iago and Hamlet and Richard III are next to impossible. I mean, a love a good twist ending as much as the next fellow, but there’s definitely something to be said for drawing the audience or readers in as accomplice is quite something, and it’s not an experience I wouldn’t want to do without, but too many modern works don’t even dare come near it, because too much emphasis is placed on the twist ending.
A work can be viewed from inside or outside or any combination of the two, yet Spoiler Culture only permits us a view on the action from outside, but trapped in time. If there’s no wall* built between the audience and the ultimate outcome of the events, if the audience is more aware of the story than the characters, the audience is genre savvy and the characters aren’t, then we get dragged into things in a sort of helpless position. We know it’ll all end in tears and blood, and there’s nothing we can do but watch. A good Iago is a frustrating Iago (and Kinnear is the best and most frustrating of Iagos), because we know what he knows and the other characters don’t, and we know what he perhaps doesn’t know, and there’s nothing we can do about it.
*I’m just going to start calling this the fifth wall←
"I love playing someone who has so much integrity, who has so much joy and so much life—even though her life is now in prison. She’s locked up, but she’s able to build up joy anyway." - samira wiley for brooklyn magazine
logic at its finest
This is stupid though ‘cuz she’s headed for the door. He’s going further into the elevator. Even if the door isn’t open, there’s still a bit of a ledge near the door that you could stand on while bracing yourself against the railing. Once the door opens, you’d be in a good spot to exit via the door as well. What she’s going for is smarter than what he’s doing.
Also she clings to the rail, he throws his hands up. If he were to fall, he’d have nothing to hang on to, she’d at least be able to hold herself up by the rail
BOOM goes the dynamite
A mother’s worst nightmare.
She was preaching
this gave me chills
Black woman who lost her son just preached on systemic racism, antiblackness, Black ppls internalized self-hatred and white supremacy.
But some of y’all missed it
a piece of advice from somebody who’s been through this a few times already: if somebody gives you a bad vibe trust your gut
people are trying to phase out roman numerals… not on my watch
oh come on guys, this joke was grVIII
Custom Studded Galaxy Shorts - All Sizes
1. All eyewitnesses agree that Mike Brown did not charge at Darren Wilson:
- Eyewitnesses stories
- 6 eyewitnesses say Mike Brown was shot with his hands up
- CNN confirms the accounts of the 2 construction workers who witnessed Mike Brown’s murder. Workers reported immediately that Brown had his hands up. (x)
- New video matches shot pattern audio with stories of eyewitnesses
2. Bring up Darren Wilson’s history:
- Darren Wilson roughed up man suspected of selling drugs in Feb. 2013 (Incident report)
- About Darren Wilson
- Darren Wilson has a history of racial profiling
- Attorney for Brown family blasts STL Post-Dispatch for their pursuit of Brown’s juvenile records. Editor responds, defends the push for records on Mike Brown because it’s “news”. Records on Darren Wilson however, apparently are not news.
- Was it legal for Darren Wilson to shoot Mike Brown?
- Only way Darren Wilson’s gun could have been wrestled over is if he had it already pulled out (x)
- Riverfront Times seeks juvenile records for Darren Wilson
- Open letter to the STL Post-Dispatch regarding the juvenile records of Mike Brown
- 5 reasons why black lives matter
Reminder: you cannot convince people who do not want to be convinced…some people do not want to be convinced racism exists (unless ofc it’s “reverse racism”) because honestly acknowledging systemic anti-Blackness in a zero-sum game world makes them less innocent and less meritorious, and some people simply won’t ever be convinced because they’ve been drinking White supremacy koolaid their entire lives and are desperate to protect that privilege even if it means engaging in hegemony, and still others will engage in arguments about race not because they don’t understand, but for no other reason than to have an excuse to spew their hatred under the guise of playing “devil’s advocate” or “honest debate”
And some people are just racist
Bottom line: Mike Brown was unarmed and was not a threat. Period. No White person in America would stand for Black cops shooting so many unarmed White teens with no immediate arrests and prosecutions
Darren Wilson needs to be arrested for murder and prosecuted immediately
Here, have some Coriolani and Aufidii in various stages of undress.